Monday, May 9, 2011

Upcoming

Well, I was actually looking forward to a little 8 week break or so, from Jack, Ardyn & Sonny...but as summer approaches, it looks like I might not get as much of a break as I thought. And I don't mind, of course :-) Whatever would I do with myself otherwise?!

*A single mom friend of mine has 2 little girls (I used to babysit them 2/3 years ago), she recently asked for my help, in that she is noticing some negative attitudes and character in her children, and she wants to "work on it", however, since she has to work, she's having a hard time keeping up with it. So we talked about it, and I'll be putting together Character Classes, once a week, for them, and for my kids too (who doesn't need help in that area! I'm putting myself through this!). I will be putting together lessons and projects for them, all based around Respect (the preciousness of others, thinking of others as better than yourselves), Kindness, Joyful Obedience, etc. It will be fun, I'm really looking forward to it!!

**I recently accepted a more "full time" part time position with Sturdevant Construction (where I used to work a few years ago, bookkeeping). I will have probably 20 hours a month or so. We'll see about that, this is my first month back.

***I will be watching another little boy on a part time basis all summer, to give his grandparents a little break. That one is not 100% yet, but it seems like it will work out. His name is Rocco.

****Kenna will be starting piano lessons this summer. Wow. Can't believe we are "there" already!!

*****We have two long distance weddings this summer (my brother Logan in June, Brian's sister Ann in Aug). We are still working out the travel details on both, but it seems that only I will be attending Logan's and only Brian will be attending Ann's. All subject to change of course, but travel these days ain't cheap for a family of 5, let me tell you!! Flights, hotels, rental cars. Wow. It adds up faster than you can say Roaming Gnome!


I also have some goals for my time off this summer, getting Kenna's room done, and our room too (hers takes priority). Also, we need to hit up that beach often! Hoo boy. This will be fun!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SURE you probably already know about it, but we've been using "For Instruction in Righteousness" for character studies. It is FANTASTIC!!! Also, this mom has a GREAT set of studies she put together, in case you need more to work from! I'd love to see what you come up with, can you share? :D

    http://confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-printables.html

    ReplyDelete