Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My Favourite Things

My favourite things make me happy. And this definitely makes me happy. It's a butter dish that my younger sister Jillaine made me while she was with us for the summer (Janessa make salt & pepper shakers for someone else, as I recall). Anyway, my butter dish (plain and clear glass) had just broken. And she went to Potts & Paints and thought to make this for me - it matches my dishes. Every time I get butter, I hope it never breaks, I love it. It's so cute, and I love the little saying she wrote on it. If you can find a Potts & Paints (or similar pottery store) in your area, you can make a personalized treasure you'll love forever! You could make a mug, a special plate for celebrations...anything! The pottery is all there, and they show you how to paint it, then they fire it up (or whatever they do to 'set' it), and it's ready for pickup the next day. It's fun, it's personal...it's a favourite thing you'll love!

This is how butter comes in the USA. A strange thing for Canadians, I know. They sell butter in "sticks" here, which are 1/2C each. It took me awhile to get used to it, but now I like it (better? maybe...)

For those that are curious - Canadian butter. It comes in a solid block (=2 cups). Canadian dairy products in general are much different than in the US, but that's another post for another time. Gotta love Fruit Bottom yogurt, that's all I'm sayin'! (and, no, I don't really miss that one!)

5 comments:

  1. now I'm interested ... how does butter come in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter in Canada, is less wasteful...less packaging used, LOL. Instead of four 1/2C sticks that are individually wrapped, it's one solid rectangular block, same size, just all 2C together, wrapped once with the measurements on it, etc. So you cut a 'square' off, for the butter dish...it's a square...I don't know how to explain it without a picture...I hope that makes sense! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and for the record...they listened to your complaint. No more fruit bottom yogurt! :) Funny, too because the boys were talking about it the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They still sell it in Ontario, I saw it in Aug when I was there. Beatrice, baby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that proves that AB is better ;)

    ReplyDelete