Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cookie Dough Truffles - Recipe

 I found this recipe online, and HAD to try it. Cookie Dough is one of Brian's faves, so I thought it might make a nice holiday snack. Super easy! Let me help you out a little - 8 T equals 1/2C. I didn't have unsalted butter, only salted, and it tastes fine. I'm sure the super mini chocolate chips would be best, but I only had regular ones, and it works. No eggs, so the kids had a blast licking everything out when I was done mixing! I added a little milk to my melted chocolate to make it runnier and better for dipping for a "smooth" look finish. These have to be kept in the fridge or freezer. My PICTURES under the recipe! (forgive my horrible camera, I still don't have a new one. Some posts I have 'scheduled to post' in blogger, from long ago - when my camera worked! - that's why it jumps from good to bad pic quality everyday)

From Annie's Eats

8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2lb. semisweet (or bittersweet) chocolate, coarsely chopped
Mini chocolate chips (for garnish)

Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until incorporated and smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the mixture is firm enough to form balls.

Shape the chilled cookie dough mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours.

When ready to dip the truffles, melt the chopped chocolate in a double boiler (or in the microwave at 50% power, stirring frequently). Using a toothpick, dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in chocolate and letting the excess drip off. (If the cookie dough balls become too soft, return them to the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.) Transfer the dipped truffles to a wax-paper lined surface. If using mini chocolate chips for garnish, sprinkle on top quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets.

Store in the refrigerator and serve cold. These can also be frozen for longer storage. Makes about 5 dozen.
This is what I do with my free time (aka: Nap time)

Yum!
It says, A little Yummy for your tummy! A cute little gift for Sonny's mom. Tomorrow is the first day of Christmas break. YES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment