Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cuppy Cakes Galore!

I made a ton of cupcakes this weekend, for a local wedding reception for a friend of ours (wedding was in July in Pennsylvania). I thought about what I would do, and had to buy a larger icing tip for my big swirl. While at the store, I saw another icing tip, made for filling cupcakes. Why not? It's only $2 for the tip, so I decided to give it a try. I had no idea how to use it or what to do with it, (and tips don't come with...tips, haha), so I googled it. I decided to make a raspberry filling (basically raspberry preserves and lemon juice), and give it a try! It's super duper easy, and really yummy! You basically just fill the pastry bag, poke the long tip down into the cupcake, and squeeze some out while you remove the tip. It makes a little burrow in the center, filling it like a donut, and then when you squeeze out too much, like me, some spills up onto the top. Not a big deal since you are icing over the top anyway.

Chocolate raspberry with buttercream icing, and yellow cake with raspberry filling and fudge icing. They are soooo delicious!! (I did the melted unsweetened bakers chocolate squares, wow, it's good!)
Pretty, eh? The blue was the colour of their wedding.
Some extras. Chocolate with raspberry filling
I borrowed the cupcake tier from a friend. I just love how this looks!!

2 comments:

  1. they were soooo delicious!!! Thank you very much for making them!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly Darla! Your icing looks better than mine! Well done! Did you use the Wilton 1M?

    ReplyDelete