Friday, September 7, 2012

Starbucks Lemon Loaf - Recipe

Well, while we were in NYC, our friend Josh gave the kids some breads/cakes from Starbucks as a treat on the train...I must confess I have never purchased or tasted anything from the pastry counter at Starbucks before...mostly because I'm a complete cheapskate, and paying that much for 1 slice of banana bread is just never going to happen. (Lets not even talk about how infrequently I ever go to Sbux, again due to the cost of the coffee). But, I will say, of the Lemon Loaf, Pumpkin Loaf and Banana Bread...it was hard to pick a fave. They were all as delicious as you would expect. The kids devoured them and loved them. And I remembered that I had re-pinned a recipe for a Starbucks knock off Lemon Loaf, so I thought we could try our own version!

Unfortunately that pinned link doesn't lead to the full recipe, so I searched the web and found this one. It was pretty close to the original. I would say, the differences I could tell was the colour was not as yellow (perhaps they add dye), and perhaps it was not quite as moist - by just a touch (I may have over baked slightly?). There is another recipe out there online, here, that uses a cake mix and lemon pudding, so I bet it's pretty moist and pretty yellow - but I tried the from scratch one, since I had all those ingredients. Delish! We pretty much ate the entire loaf within the span of a few hours:-)

1 1/2 C flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
3 eggs
1 C sugar
2 T butter, softened
1 t vanilla
1 t lemon extract
1/3 C lemon juice
1/2 C vegetable oil

Lemon icing:
1 C + 1 T icing sugar
2 T milk
1 t lemon extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Blend eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice & oil with an electric mixer. Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into a well greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake for 45 mins. Cool, and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment