Thursday, July 7, 2011

Short Story

This is a song that was written by my Uncle Greg. He was killed in an industrial accident at his summer job, when he was just 18 years old. I was seventeen months old, with a three week old baby brother. He died the morning of my mom's 22nd birthday. A tragedy for sure. He was a person full of life, and is dearly missed. My Grandma always had the printed lyrics, framed, hanging in her home.

What is Your Destiny?
Gregory Allan Shantz (Dec 20, 1961 - July 26, 1980)

What is your destiny?
Where are you bound?
Where are you going to?
What's there to be found?

But if you don't know where you're going
Or just where you've been
Jesus Christ is like a compass
He'll forgive you of your sin.

You say I can steer my own life
I don't need Christ as a friend.
I've got a job and security
But I say your life's a dead end.

I don't know what to think
I've had these lifetime goals
Wealth, a job, a house, a car.
But I know these don't save my soul.

Jesus I want to talk to You,
Thank You for everything.
Please forgive me of my sin,
I want You as my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment