Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mexican Bean & Beef - Recipe

This recipe saves my not-planning-ahead last minute butt about once a month. It's very tasty, and I always have all the ingredients on hand (luckily), you can also make it in about 40 minutes total - to shorten the cook time, mix everything up, put it in the oven to bake while you brown the meat, and then add the meat right away when its done and stir (and cook for remaining time). Throw this on a plate with a salad and my kids devour it!

Mexican Bean & Beef Casserole - (I call it Lazy Chili)

From: Betty Crockers Bridal Edition Cookbook; Prep: 10 min; Cook: 10 min; Bake 50 min

1 lb lean ground beef
2 cans (15 to 16 oz each) pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (I often use a 'regular' spaghetti sauce)
1/2 C thick-and-chunky salsa
1 t chili powder
1 C shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz) (I use mozzarella if I don't have this)
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Cook beef in skillet over medium heat until brown; drain
  3. Mix beef, beans, tomato sauce, salsa and chili powder in ungreased 2-qt casserole dish
  4. Cover and bake for 40 - 45 min, stirring once or twice, until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 min or until cheese is melted.
To see all the recipes I've posted to this blog, click here

    No comments:

    Post a Comment