Monday, July 25, 2016

After Sun Spray

I can't even tell you how much we all love our essential oils. Everything I try, we love, and so I'm always on the lookout for things I can make myself and 1) save money 2) have a healthier option available to us.

Something that we need often enough in our climate is aloe after sun skin care. Even if we're not burnt, being in the sun, and in the water just makes your skin want something. And my kids hate the green aloe gel because it's "sticky".

So I made my own! And we LOVE it. It's like a moisturizer. So refreshing, even if you haven't been in the sun.

I made mine in a 2oz bottle, and gathered some ideas from online and kind of combined a few recipes to one I thought I'd like.

I used 3 parts aloe gel, and 1 part fractionated coconut oil. This aloe is clear, and not sticky, it's a liquid, and the fractionated coconut stays liquid, it doesn't solidify. So for this container, I used about 1.5oz aloe and .5oz coconut. To this, I added 8 drops Lavender, 8 drops Melaleuca Alternafolia (Tea Tree) and 8 drops Peppermint.
I don't spray it directly on the face, I spray on fingers and then apply, so I can avoid the eye area. This feels amazing on the skin, truly. And it smells heavenly too! We like it much better than the sticky green gel you can buy, and it's much easier to apply too!

No comments:

Post a Comment