Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bread, Burn, Math

A case can seriously be made for the statement, "you haven't lived until you've had homemade sourdough bread". It is sooo amazingly wonderful! Not hard to make, although, the rising/resting parts take pretty much all day. I use the recipe from Pinch My Salt. Turns out every time! Yesterday, I went a little crazy. Brian and I couldn't resist eating some half a loaf warm from the oven.

Baking is a dangerous thing! I just might get a scar from this 12th degree burn, suffered at the hands of the hot cookie sheet used for the bread. Totally worth it, though, for this bread!!

Brooks is working on his "fair shares" in math. When allowed to manipulate the piles, he can do it no problem. When he has to just look at them and divide them without moving things around (like he has to do on paper), he struggles. So I gave him some practice. He is currently halfway through 1st grade BJU math...and he won't be in 1st grade until Sept 2013. Needless to say, we're not stressing over it:-)
4 kids get _____ each

No comments:

Post a Comment