Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day Sentiments

The Valentines card I made this year. I thought it turned out pretty cool. I made the quote on the front, and had it printed at Costco. Then made my card! It's pretty big...about 7.5x7.5 or so.
I saw this quote/printable floating around on pinterest from various sources
The inside of the card! I wrote my message in the shape of a big heart, of course.
And dontcha wanna know what all that says? I love you Brian! Happy Valentines Day!
*****
I love it that you come home from work singing Gavin DeGraw...because even you are not immune to a dumb, catchy, pop tune...

I love it that you watch football games with your best out-of-town friends...while on the phone with them... for hours... running up our phone minutes, because to you, the money spent is worth the relationship. {Thank heavens for our new unlimited plan!}...

Speaking of friends, you've had good ones, and you know how to be a good friend too. Investing in people's lives goes both ways. I don't know of many men who have had the same best friends since middle school. So...

I love it that you are loyal, and faithful, and real, and that you value people...

I love it that you are occasionally tolerable of a chick flick and watch it with me...

I love how you seek counsel, and strive to follow it. You aren't too proud to be teachable, or to take the road less traveled...

Because of that, you have a lot of wisdom to share...

More than most men in their early thirties...

You aren't afraid to speak the truth, even when it's not popular...

But you have discernment in knowing when not to speak. Sometimes that is the harder way...

I love how you love our little babies, and spoil them with treats before dinner, like all the best Dads do...

I love it that you don't take yourself (or me:-) too seriously!...

Lastly {but not leastly}, I love it that you have overwhelming cravings for Arby's Shakes or McFlurry's at ridiculous hours of the night...

I love it that after all this time, and all the life we've seen...you still make me smile.

"I don't want the whole world. The sun, the moon, and all their light. I only want to be the only girl you love all your life" The Band Perry 

Love, Your Girl O:-)

4 comments:

  1. super cute card and message! I couldn't have written in a heart shape if my life depended on it! I am lucky if I can keep it in a straight line! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, here's a how to. Draw a large heart (like I did, or print one out) on paper. Tape it to the window. Hold your good paper up the window and starting writing on the line...you will have to re-adjust the heart template as you go so you aren't writing upside down. Once you hit the top, loop it inside and keep going with the general shape and flow. No more window, that's only for the outer edge. It wasn't really hard, it was just time consuming, and I wish I had better handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol you shouldn't reveal your secrets! And here I thought you had skills:-P and too late for me this year...my somewhat straight-lined card is sealed up:-) Perhaps I can practice up for next time:-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have skills like a toddler using a window for a light board. My innovation knows no bounds:-)

    ReplyDelete