Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tea Wreath

This is a tea wreath I made for some friends of ours who love Tazo tea. It conveniently comes wrapped in Christmas colours! I got this idea from my childhood friend, Lauren's site...and I think she saw it on pinterest! In any case, this is my wreath, that the kids and I worked on. It was really, really easy!

I used my Creative Memories Circle Cutting system to cut the circle/wreath shape out of designer (12x12) paper, and chipboard (a stiff, dense cardboard). I used sticky strip (the double sided sticky tape with the red backing) to adhere the paper to the chipboard. We used old/leftover spray paint to paint the clothespins white. We used sticky strip to adhere paper to the top of the clothes pins, and a hot glue gun to glue down the clothespins to the wreath. Add your tea, and a ribbon to hang it by, and you're done! It was a cute and easy Christmas gift from the kiddos! Love it!
I debated leaving the clothespins white, but thought it added to the whimsy to put on some different paper. This could be as whimsical or as plain as you want, depending on your tea and paper choices!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I like it a lot! Looks great! Tim's mom has hers hanging up in the kitchen - literal decoration. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete