Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Deep Thoughts

Put on your thinking caps - it's about to get all serious up in here...with no pictures. gah. I hate those posts. Even when I'm the one writing them:-) Please note, I do not like to - or intend to - stray from the purpose of my blog - which is capturing our life and loves. And I don't want to be getting all bossy and preachy on you - which is NOT the intention of what I will write in the future.

Deep Thoughts. Or something like that. I will label these posts Christ in Me as we go along for ease of searchability. (In the very rare event that you actually want to search for these posts). I decided on that label - "Christ in Me", even though the posts may not be of a super spiritual nature per se, because I have Christ in Me, and He has brought me here. To the exact place I am right now in life. I won't always be here. The thing about life and the Lord is you are always learning, changing and growing. I've been a Christian coming up {rapidly} on thirty years. Which sounds insane to me! How much have I grown in those years? How much have I refused to grow? Oh how much further I have to go!

So these posts will be observational, and testimonial, of sorts. Testimonies are grown over time. And I think it's important to keep it all fresh, so you aren't learning the same lessons over and over. I've had lots of time, and my faith (and my testimony) have increased much.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. " 1 Corinthians 13:11-12

I was reminded of something via a sermon recently...Isn't it interesting that the difference between "milk" and "meat" is me. All of the whole Bible is both milk and meat at the same time. The difference between the two is found in the person reading and applying it. When I was a child, there were portions of scripture that were as milk to me, nurturing me along. And as I grew became meat as I grew in a deeper understanding of my faith. And Christ in me makes the difference.

Anyway, the thoughts and observations that will be forthcoming are really for my kids to read someday, as they grow from the milk and into the meat. With the rapid decline of my memory {thanks to said children}, I figure I should document a few things for the future - and they will be of a deeper nature than my normal everyday ramblings and postings. So be warned:-) I cannot promise with what frequency they will occur...only as I have the time, and inspiration - I would guess every few months. As I write this, so far I have only two post topics coming to mind, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment