Sunday, February 13, 2011

Funny funny, food food

This is very hilarious, but not really that short. Read the whole thing here. If you have children older than 2 years old, you will find this very very funny (and true). A friend posted this link on facebook and I just had to share it...too good to pass up!

One of my favourite paragraphs is this one below...my kids are not known for being big eaters, and almost every meal ends with one of them still at the table long after the meal has been over, with a plate of untouched food. And either Brian or I sitting there saying "Pick up your fork. Put it in your mouth. Chew. Swallow. Do it again. Put more on the fork, not just one. Chew it" Sometimes I feel like I am dealing with CHILDREN. Oh wait. I am:-) And aren't they such a joy? Mostofthetime. The battles over eating what you are served without complaint have not yet been conquered...someday:-)

One evening, I asked Kenna what her favourite part was (of the meal), and she said "My favourite part was when you put half to the side and said I only had to eat the other half". Good heavens. And she likes to remind me "Remember when you made me eat that ravioli and I barfed on your shoe?"...it was tortellini, and I believe she brings it up on occasion just to subtly remind me never to serve that again. Mothers, never under-estimate the gag reflex - just saying:-)

Laws Pertaining to Dessert
For we judge between the plate that is unclean and the plate that is clean, saying first, if the plate is clean, then you shall have dessert. But of the unclean plate, the laws are these: If you have eaten most of your meat, and two bites of your peas with each bite consisting of not less than three peas each, or in total six peas, eaten where I can see, and you have also eaten enough of your potatoes to fill two forks, both forkfuls eaten where I can see, then you shall have dessert. But if you eat a lesser number of peas, and yet you eat the potatoes, still you shall not have dessert; and if you eat the peas, yet leave the potatoes uneaten, you shall not have dessert, no, not even a small portion thereof. And if you try to deceive by moving the potatoes or peas around with a fork, that it may appear you have eaten what you have not, you will fall into iniquity. And I will know, and you shall have no dessert.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love this post. You reminded me of a time when Billy was little. We were trying to get him to eat broccoli and he threw up ALL over his plate! Yuck! We didn't give him any more broccoli after that. But eventually, he just asked one day to try it again. And he has liked it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious and so very relatable (not sure that's a word...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dave has read some of that to his Old Testament class. i just love it!

    ReplyDelete