Monday, November 7, 2011

Old Men

Brian and his best bud, Josh Dufek. These two can talk like you would not believe. They put women to shame. The length of their conversations are why we require an unlimited cell phone plan. Joking aside, they have a remarkable friendship, which (they will shudder at the comparison), might be "bosomly" similar to that of Anne of Green Gables and Diana Barry. In a totally manly way, of course. Josh can bring perspective and lift a mood like none other. So...this was Josh's facebook status the other day. Hilarious. And yes, this will be them!

*****
Overheard the following conversation between two very old men in the restroom. (To best play this out in your mind, know that these were true blue New Yorkers, evidently born and bred). I couldn't help but imagine that this was a conversation I might have with Brian in 50 years. It actually reminds me of conversations I have with him now.

*I was told by my doctor that when I get out of bed in the morning, or get out of a chair, not to do it too quickly*

It's a good idea.

*If I do, I lose my balance*

It happens to us sometimes.

*I almost fall, things might spin and I lose my balance*

It happens. These things happen sometimes.

*It's called hydrostatic hypertension*

I didn't need to know that.

*It's a big word*

I don't need to know that.

*It's a conversation starter*

No comments:

Post a Comment