Saturday, December 1, 2007

Quote Archive 2007

I've always loved quotes, and have quite a collection of them. I love to share one per month on my blog.
"I have gathered a posie of other men's flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own" John Bartlett

  • Yea Lord we greet Thee, born this happy morning. Jesus to Thee be glory given! Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing. Oh come let us adore him, Christ the Lord!



  • I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. - Edward Everett Hale



  • I would rather see you unlettered and unnoticed, if virtuous in practice as well as in theory, than to see you the equal in glory to the great Washington. - Henry Lee, father of Robert E. Lee, to his sons



  • God often takes a course for accomplishing His purposes directly contrary to what our narrow views would prescribe. He brings a death upon our feelings, wishes, and prospects when He is about to give us the desire of our hearts - John Newton



  • If the praise of others elates me and their blame depresses me; if I cannot rest under misunderstanding without defending myself; if I love to be loved more than to love, to be served more than to serve, then I know nothing of Calvary love. - Amy Carmichael



  • "You READ?!!"
    "Yah, well, not excessively"
    Disney's Ratatouille



  • It left us speechless, quite speechless I tell you, and we have not stopped talking of it since - Miss Bates (Emma, Jane Austen)



  • Outside of unavoidable sadness, my life has been one continuous round of enjoyment made up of failure and disappointments, and dark, stormy clouds which have been completely trampled out of existence by success, that in every case exceeded my expectations, and has caused the sun to shine so brightly that it has illuminated my path clear up to the great divide and given me an imaginary glimpse of the beautiful beyond. - Jack Miner



  • As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in ten seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway - Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)



  • How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's table. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak he had planted. - Sir Walter Scott



  • Said Mrs. Browning, the poet, to Charles Kingsley, the novelist, "What is the secret of your life? Tell me, that I may make mine beautiful also." Thinking a moment the beloved old author replied, "I had a friend."
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment