Friday, October 26, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

Well, it's supposed to be a perfect storm. A Hurricane (Sandy) meets a Nor'easter, and knocks us all for a loop!

We are ready and waiting for it to hit our area the hardest on Sunday, they are predicting. We are ready, and praying for safety (and no property damage!) for us and our whole area! So please pray with us. Everyone is a little on edge in these situations...you just never know what could happen - ranging from no big deal to "Katrina-like" DISASTERS. Of course aside from the actual storm, the major, and really more concerning issues, are flooding and extensive power outages.

We will do our best to update via facebook or twitter, as we are able (I am also able do these on my cell phone) - My twitter feed no longer shows at the top of this blog, and I have been trying to figure out why, but can't :-/ Anyway, if you click on the "see all my recent status updates" it will take you to my twitter feed, and you will see everything from there. If I am able to report something like we're out of power, perhaps those who are on facebook (my mom & aunt?) can alert other family members that are not (grandpa, sister etc). I know people in far-off places see the news and potentially devastating things happening, and I don't want people to worry unnecessarily that we're not safe, or that our house was washed away.

I'll take all the pics I can, of course, and post as/when I am able. I have a few pics and video of the kids I need to put together and post too, hopefully I'll have a chance before the weekend crazies (high winds, rain, storm surges) take affect.

Praying she blows out to sea...and leaves us unharmed. Until then, batting down the hatches:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment