Thursday, December 1, 2011

Quote Archive 2011

I've always loved quotes, and have quite a collection of them. I love to share one per month on my blog. 
"I have gathered a posie of other men's flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own" John Bartlett 

He rules the world with truth and grace, and makes the nations prove the glories of His righteousness, and wonders of His love. Joy to the World, Isaac Watts

Everyone wants to win, but not everyone wants to prepare to win. Edward Smith

I saw no likeness to Him in you today, and since I shall not pass your way again, it matters not that yesterday His light shone in you, or that tomorrow you may want to make amends, for I passed your way today. John Deems

A persons maturity is measured by his willingness to sacrifice present pleasures for future benefits. Anon

He only half dies who leaves an image of himself in his sons. Carlo Goldoni

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody - it saves so much trouble. Rudyard Kipling

When a man opens the car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife. Prince Philip (Consort of Queen Elizabeth II)

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. Helen Keller

Some people grumble that roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and wrong. Because some day in life you will have been all of these. George Washington Carver

Pray for me, that my concern for the poor will not distract me from the person of Jesus Christ. Mother Teresa

Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. John W Whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment