Saturday, May 22, 2010

Love Quotes

Those that know me well, know that I love quotes! I have quite a collection of my faves. I made this little scrapbook, as an experiment (trying out a new thing with paper folding), and it turned out really cute. The finished size is 3.5x3.5, and it reminded me of those little advice books that you can buy (because of it's size). I should make one with all my memories from Along the Road on this blog. I decided to fill this one with handwritten love quotes. There are excerpts from "our song", some great Bible verses, and some of our favourite quotes, all pertaining to love:-) It is completely adorable, and I am going to be making many more I think. Its supposed to be a mini scrapbook or brag book, but now that I am on the quote kick, I think it would make an adorable addition to a baby gift, full of advice or quotes about babies/parenting etc. Endless possibilities!

The cover, a stamped phrase saying "heart to heart, hand in hand"





The last page...and one of my favourite quotes of all time. "I do" - Brian


So because I love quotes so much, here are all the ones I put in this little book. Some of them may not make much sense to you, as they have story behind them:-)

This is my beloved, and this is my friend... Song of Solomon 5:16

Seek beauty and miss love. But seek love and find both. Max Lucado

Where thou art, that is home. Emily Dickinson

Let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:3

Gaol Dilseachd Cairdeas inscribed on our wedding bands "love, loyalty, friendship" Gaelic

Some moments are worth several lifetimes. Anonymous

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Helen Keller

And she called me an ugly American. And I would call her my Canadian flower... Canadian Rose, Blues Traveler

"We'll be friends forever, won't we Pooh?" asked Piglet. "Even longer" Pooh answered A.A. Milne

Came but for friendship, and took away love. Thomas Moore

Love is patient, love is kind...love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I Corinthians 13:4-7

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. Roy Croft

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labour. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be... Robert Browning

...I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life. I'll Be, Edwin McCain

May they never take each others love for granted, but always experience that breathless wonder that exclaims, "out of all this world, you have chosen me." Prayer for the Bride and Groom

Overwhelmed by this gift God has given, together we face the unknown. With a prayer and a promise, Love, this is the end of alone. The End of Alone, Joshua Dufek

I do. Brian

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* all of these made my heart melt a little more!! :)

    ReplyDelete