Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Dishwasher Detergent - DIY

I started making my own dishwasher detergent - and it works so well! It's a powder, and there are other recipes to be found online, and since each dishwasher washes in its own unique way, make a small batch of your recipe to test it on your machine and make sure it's doing a good job.

I've been using vinegar as my "jet dry" rinse agent for years, and I'm glad I now have an economical, and toxin free way of cleaning the dishes also:-) Essential oil drops can be added to the powder for scent, if desired

2 parts borax
2 parts washing soda
1 part salt
1 part citric acid

Use 2 T for each load.

1 comment:

  1. If I wanted to put lemon EO in this for scent, how many drops would you recommend and will that etch my dishes? I've read to put an unsweetened packet of lemonade drink mix, but that just seems odd. Ha.

    ReplyDelete