Sunday, August 21, 2011

Freedom is not free

We had a lot of fun on our visit to Washington DC, but there are some very solemn moments you experience too. I dug out a few quotes from my collection that I thought were appropriate to highlight the pictures Janessa and I took. Never forget the sacrifice of the men, women, and their families who protect our lives and freedoms.

...You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. John Quincy Adams
Here rests in honored glory an American soldier known but to God

 
…the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom… Abraham Lincoln


Here lie men who have not hesitated to seal and stamp their convictions with their blood. said of the Battle of Antietam, (Civil War) by a writer for the New York times

1 comment:

  1. We just got back from Lancaster, PA where we also went to Gettysburg. Even though it's not my country, I can still feel the weight of the price for so-called freedom...thanks for sharing the quotes!

    ReplyDelete