Saturday, December 20, 2008

Motherhood at it's finest & worst

It's got to be the true test of motherhood, and unconditional love...to be barfed on in the middle of the night, and say "it's ok, it's ok" over and over to a sick kid. The delightful child obviously knew something was amiss, but instead of staying in his bed and thinking about it, he decided to come find Mommy. Just in time to vomit all over me, the bed, and my pillow. What do they say about counting it all JOY! Laundry, baths, showers, and an adrenaline rush that kept me up for a couple hours. Poor little Brooksie.

The cause for the sickness (I think), is his vaccines and (against my better judgment) the flu shot. He has a low fever, and his arms are very hot and sore, but he seems to have bounced back and is doing fine today, aside from looking pretty tired.

At his appointment yesterday they weighed him naked, and he was 27.8lbs, which is the 75th percentile (he is 90th for height!!). I threw Kenna up on the scale, clothes, shoes and all, and she was 28 lbs, so it looks like he's surpassed her in weight, and it won't be long with height...he's almost there. She's always been just below the 50th percentile, so we have one teeny one, and one big one!

This is the second time I've had to deal with barf (on me) in the middle of the night. Last year it was Kenna's turn to share the love. I'm sure it won't be the last time either...but I sure hope so!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I feel your pain! In the summer, on the way up to a friend's cottage, Will (who had been feeling sick and already barfed once in the car), decided that, as I was getting him ready for bed, he'd barf all over me - in the mouth, hair, down my front - you name it, I was covered! And me still feeling morning sickness! Oh it was horrible! I wasn't mad at him, but I sure wasn't in a happy mood :D

    ReplyDelete