Monday, December 1, 2008

Quotes Archive 2008

I've always loved quotes, and have quite a collection of them. I love to share one per month on my blog. 
"I have gathered a posie of other men's flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own" John Bartlett
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. Dr Suess

If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything. Bill Lyon

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. Ann Landers

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. C.S. Lewis

I complained, "God hasn't answered my prayer." That's because I was not looking for help in my weakness but for the removal of my weakness to the praise of my own glory. Andree Seu

Every human has influence. It is inseparable from existence. Its effects are as penetrating as ointment. Its presence is as manifest in everyday life as the leaven that swells the meal. James Henry Morgan

Gaol, dilseachd, cairdeas
Gaelic (translation: love, loyalty, friendship), inscribed on our wedding bands

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve; I was made weak, that I might learn to humbly obey. I asked God for power, that I might have the praise of men; I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God. I asked God for all things, that I might enjoy life; I was given life, that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing I asked for, but everything I had hoped for. I am among all men, most richly blessed.


...and what does the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

In times like the present, men should utter nothing for which they would not willingly be responsible through time and in eternity. Abraham Lincoln

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed. G.K. Chesterton

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment