Wednesday, October 13, 2010

DISCLAIMER

I am getting more readers and more hits on my blog. I used to get like maybe 20 per day or less, and now, somedays, it's over 150 unique visits! (and it's always over 20, thank you stat tracker:-). So glad to provide you all with (I hope), a small smile in your day.

Here is my feeble attempt at explaining away some of the nonsensical things I might say:

I should hope to never offend any reader. It is never my intention to do so, but I do freely express my personal opinions, on occasion. HOWEVER, please note:

1. I am not one, historically speaking, who is given credit for knowing what I am talking about. 
I am known for speaking too soon, and sharing too much information. Begging a thousand pardons. Unless I provide a trusted link to back up my point, if you think it sounds wrong, it likely is. I'm not trying to lead anyone astray. I just live in my own little world sometimes:-)

2. Of course I think my kids are the smartest, and the cutest. You don't?
I am incredibly blessed with my precious children and don't take any day for granted. I do my best to stick to the facts of our lives, and not over-promote ourselves. We are but human. And flawed. However, I also do my best not to paint anyone in a negative light. I want this blog to be, essentially, a scrapbook of life for my kids. Of the life they had, before they remembered it. And of the mother they had, before she got old and ugly wrinkly. And also an easy way for my out-of-town family to keep tabs on our daily "goings-ons". Sharing a whiny tale or two is always appropriate, as it is part of daily life around here, but I don't want to harp on the negative behaviours. It might seem like we are all sunshine and roses, all the time, and let me assure you, we are average in almost every way. We have great days, terrible days, laughter and meltdowns. But in the midst of it all, we see Jesus. We are striving to raise Godly, responsible children - who consider others more precious than themselves, have self-control, and who know what they believe, and why. We are no where near to accomplishing this task, but we are trying to get there, and we are loving the journey.


3. I love a good controversial discussion. Or not.
Any information I post, about any topic is not meant to intimidate, suggest, or offend. Just because we always wear bright red socks doesn't mean I think you should. Its not about being the same, it's about being lead...and following. We are making choices for our lives, and the lives of our children, based on how the Lord is leading us. We by no means think that anyone else should do what we do. We are quite certain that we will be, in large part, "alone" as we travel through life, and we're ok with being different! We each have our own path. And the choices we make today may change in an instant, and we will go another way. You may choose to think we are crazy, and I reserve the right to think the same about you:-) It's what makes the world go 'round.

So thanks for checking in on us! I hope you smile after each visit. We love smiles.

2 comments:

  1. I love statcoutner too. You're very humble, Darla. Anyone who has met your family would know how exceptional your kids truly are...human, for sure (which makes it so funny when they say those great things)...but growing into the description you outlined as your hope. Anyways, I'm sure your blog is a major encouragement to most moms - like it is for me!

    ReplyDelete