Sunday, November 15, 2009

Craft Sale - Dec 12

I have a friend from church (www.laurenalexis1.blogspot.com), that is trying to adopt a baby boy from Ethiopia. International adoptions are very expensive, and they are trying to raise money to help with the cost. Another friend from church had the idea to have a craft sale for them, where some of us "crafty" people make crafts/cards to sell, and then all the money we get will go to John & Lauren to help them bring a little baby home. So I have been trying to come up with some nice ideas (that people will want to buy), and yet are easy enough to create quickly, since we do need some volume to be able to have enough to sell. The date of the craft sale/fundraiser will be December 12th. I have been posting a few things I made recently with the craft sale in mind on my Stampin' Up blog, (www.darbyjanestamps.blogspot.com)

Here are some adorable gift card holders, that can be hung from the tree. They are made so the card cannot fall to the bottom and get lost.


1 comment:

  1. those are so cute!!! Thanks so much for getting the word out! :) I spent all day Saturday and all yesterday afternoon quilting and making a few little cards (I went to michaels and got a couple supplies). I'm really excited about this!! :)

    ** Hope Brooks is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete