Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shortcut Chicken Manicotti - Recipe

Today I had zero inspiration for dinner, and because I had Natalie and Avery today I couldn't go out to buy extra ingredients, so I was stuck with what I had. I came across a recipe I clipped from a Kraft flier, and I had all the ingredients! It turned out really well.

1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2C water
1/4 lb (4oz) Velveeta cheese cut up*
2C frozen broccoli florets
12 manicotti shells, uncooked
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 in strips
1/4C grated parmesan cheese

* I used real cheddar and cut it up really small so it would melt easier

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix soup, water and cheese in bowl. Microwave on high 3 min, or until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended (stirring once or twice). Pour one third of the soup mixture onto bottom of 9x13 baking dish; set aside. Add broccoli to remaining soup mixture.

Stuff pasta with chicken strips; place in baking dish. Cover completely with remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.

Bake 45 to 50 min or until pasta is tender and chicken is cooked through.


This was a really quick recipe to put together, and I liked it's versatility...I used real cheese, and you could use fresh broccoli, lightly steamed first, or previously cooked leftover chicken or turkey. Quick and yummy make it a done deal for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment