Monday, July 23, 2012

Top Ten - Nail Polish

Well, those of you who knew me 10 years ago might remember my nails. Which could have at any moment rivaled Dolly Parton's or Flo Jo's ('88 Olympics? Anyone? :-) They are real, and very strong. And were so long I was unable to do up buttons etc on my clothing. Thank you to my sister Lauryn for the extra hand:-)

Well, after the kids were born I took a break from the nails bit - too long - kept poking or scratching the babies...I'm not very graceful. Lol. Well, the nails are back. I keep them at a manageable length now...and these are my current go-to faves. I always seem to get asked about the colour on my nails, so here you go...The ones I am always finding myself reaching for!



I am definitely into the dark colours, and funky stuff. Totally my style and gives a little pep to any boring stay at home mom clothes:-)

Excuse my quick manicure to get these pics taken:-)
It was harder than you'd think to narrow down my top ten from my extensive collection!
1. Revlon Top Speed - Emerald (330) - Jade is the new black, in my opinion. Love it
2. Revlon Top Speed - Lily (610) - A light but fun and eye catching shade
3. Revlon Colorstay - Midnight (290) - The perfect shade of not quite navy blue. It lasts well with top coat
4. Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color - Graphite Gravity (908) - I love the effect in the nail polish from the magnetic bits
5. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Pat on the Black (660) - I love how this applies and has a black cherry undertone. Perfect "black" shade. Wears very well with top coat
6. Wet n Wild Fast Dry - ??a lime green shade - Fun colour
7. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Petal Pusher (150) - For those serious moments when funky doesn't make the cut
8. Revlon Top Speed - Vintage (570) - The perfect shade of hot pink, without being too teeny-bopper-ish hot pink
9. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Ruby Rush - A nice burgundy red. When hot pink isn't allowed
10. Sally Hansen Gem Crush - Big Money (03) - The perfect sparkle for an accent nail or tips. Very shiny and champagne gold in colour

BONUS: My current fave top coat is Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Hard as Wraps Acrylic Gel + Nylon

1 comment:

  1. I miss having TONS of nail polish around to use whenever.

    ReplyDelete