Monday, December 31, 2018

God is Good

"That this may be a sign among you, that when your children ask their fathers in times to come, saying, what do you mean by these stones? Then you shall answer them...And these stones will be a memorial for the children...forever" (Josh 4:6-7). 

My theme for 2018 was Ps 27:13-14. I picked these verses as the Lord impressed them upon my heart in late Dec/early Jan of this year. Before I had any idea of the things I was about to walk through. It was another year of seeing God's mercy in all (2016), and seeing other small parts of the story of my rescue unfold (2017), and hope.

 A year of disappointment, of truth, of waiting, of hoping, of revelation, of courage, and of goodness. A lot of life packed into 12 short months. But He is good, and He does good. Not theoretically, but actually, and specifically, for me.

I wait, and I hope, with confidence and courage. Grateful to be ending another year with lessons & memories that I will carry in my heart forever, and for an ornament with which to remember them by.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment