Friday, February 13, 2015

Greatest Love Letter Of All Time

This letter is voted the greatest love letter of all time. Written by Johnny Cash, to his wife June in 1994 on her 65th birthday

Happy Birthday Princess,

We got old and got used to each other. We think alike. We read each others minds. We know what the other wants without asking. Sometimes we irritate each other a little bit. Maybe sometimes take each other for granted.

But once in awhile, like today, I meditate on it and realize how lucky I am to share my life with the greatest woman I ever met. You still fascinate and inspire me. You influence me for the better. You're the object of my desire, the #1 earthly reason for my existence.

I love you very much. Happy Birthday Princess.

John

*****

TOP TEN
1. Johnny Cash wishes June Carter Cash a happy 65th birthday (1994)

2. Winston Churchill tells wife Clementine Churchill of his undying love (1935)

3. John Keats tells next door neighbour Fanny Brawne he cannot live without her (1819)

4. Ernerst Hemmingway professes his love to Marlene Deitrich (1951)

5. Napoleon Bonaparte sends his love to Josephine de Beauharnais (1796)

6. Richard Burton tells Elizabeth Taylor of her beauty (1964)

7. King Henry VIII expresses his love for Anne Boleyn (1527)

8. Beethovan pens his love for his "Immortal Beloved" whose true identity remain a mystery (1812)

9. Gerald Ford reminds wife Betty Ford of his and their family's love for her shortly after she was diagnosed with breast cancer (1974)

10. Jimi Hendrix tells his 'little girl' to spread her wings (date unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment