Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pinterest Party

Well, back by popular demand - another Pinterest Party! The rules? Bring something you've never made before, from Pinterest. Even if it flops:-) We also had a little informal diaper shower for our friend Lisa, due with baby #5.

Sarah - Mac & Cheese that supposedly tastes like Panera Bread's. This is on Sarah's Recipe Ideas board. Verdict? We thought it was good - but a fairly normal mac & cheese, not a Panera replication.

Chae -Nutella Stuffed Brown Butter & Sea Salt Chocolate Chip cookies. This is on Chae's Food Fun board. These cookies were delicious! I am even not a huge fan of Nutella (hazelnut flavour), and even I thought they were amazing.

Anna - Homemade Snickers. These were my personal fave of the night. Absolutely phenomenal. The Nougat part...well, I guess we could say "sweet dreams are made of this".

Michelle - Pull Apart Pumpkin Bread. An awesome "breakfast" type bread. I loved it. I think she made it from my Recipes board:-)

Darla - We weren't going crazy with a  baby shower theme - however, I did want to give it a little atmosphere - so the things I choose to make were all pink and blue - since she is not finding out the gender of her baby (a first for her!). Homemade Peppermint Patties - I did use peppermint oil, and used wilton melting chocolate wafers in pink and blue, and flavoured the chocolate with the oil too. Minty yummy. I made Jello Cookies & Playdough - no, I didn't use it as playdough first, but these are reaaaally good! I used blue raspberry & strawberry jello. I saw this idea on pinterest for Hershey bars, so I did that with the mini ones.

Lisa - Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip - Wow. Best apple dip ever. It turns a healthy fruit into junk food:-) This is on her bon appetit board.

Lauren - Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage Soup.This was a winner. Soooo good. Very hearty too, so it would be great for those people who like very chunky soup. It's the perfect fall weather meal! This recipe is on her Yummy Ideas board.

Chasity - Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer on her Favorite Recipes board. She brought her yummy freshly ground coffee to go along with it, and it was really good! It is not sweet, so I needed to add a little sugar to my cup, but some drank it as is. Confession: I have never had a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks, so I can't personally compare them, but it sure was delicious!

1 comment:

  1. funny, I am making those very same nutella cookies tomorrow! haha Thanks for sharing the results!

    ReplyDelete