Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spiderman Cake

The last cake of the year! As far as I have planned anyway!! I made my own marshmallow fondant this time, and it was super easy! However, when I was rolling it out and put it on the cake it was cracking and tearing, which I have never experienced before. I am not sure if it was the recipe or maybe I didn't do it quite right. In any case, I'd call it a half way success.
Getting ready to make that cake!!

The bottom tier - Brian's fave. Chocolate pudding and cherry filling! I put a dam of chocolate buttercream around the edge, to keep everything in place!

Top tier, red velvet & buttercream. I was inspired at the last minute to tint the buttercream blue. I think it's what Peter Parker would have wanted.

All done! Its the most lop-sided cake I've made so far...don't know how that happened with all the practice I've been getting!

one of the sides!

the other side. if you look close you can see the cracks and stuff on the corners!
All in all, it was a very cute cake, and it tasted great! Spidey would have loved it, I'm sure:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment