Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sno Cone Syrup - Recipe

Summer's here! As we usher in all sorts of summery things...take a look at our new treat this year! A Sno Cone maker!! I was able to get this machine (and 4 syrups) from a friend who works at Bed Bath & Beyond, so I got a really good employee discount!! The ice shaver is normally 12.99 I believe. I got a few syrups to use for the bottles...I knew I'd make my own refills. I got the reusable silicone sno cone holders on Amazon for 5.99 (I got 2 sets, so we have 4 of these!), and with my Moms account, free shipping of course. So, all in all, pretty cheap (thanks to my friend especially) for a fun summer treat, year after year!

I got a few store bought syrups because I knew I'd want the containers to refill with my own syrup!
RECIPE:
2 C sugar
1 C water
1 packet of Kool-aid (the 'normal' unsweetened version of course)

Put all on stove and bring to a boil, while stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat immediately. Let cool, pour into container and refrigerate. Easy Peasy!
Our first choice, a green lemon-lime version.
All ready to go!
They love it! Yay! Our sno-cone habit will cost us next to nothing for the rest of the summer! Those silicone thingys are the best (no dripping, melting paper). A quick, easy, summer time treat!
Other things I've done...after a few days when that last little bit of pop/soda in the bottle is kinda flat...I freeze it in the little container that came with the machine, and then shave it up! Tastes like those slushies from 7-11!! I want to try to make italian ice (lemon is Brian's fave), and an orange juice/cream mixture for a shaved, refreshing Orange Julius.

No comments:

Post a Comment