Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lleyton Grey

The man (baby) of a thousand...names. We are nickname-y people, what can I say? I've even caught myself calling him Lleyt a few times, which I swore I wouldn't!

He's known as Grey to most. Or Lleyton, Greyson, Grey-Grey, Boo, Way Way, Gregory and Chubba. The kids consistently introduce him as Greyson or Gregory. And they complain he doesn't know his name yet...I think he's still trying to figure out WHAT it is!

This kid is very close to the perfect baby. He rarely puts up a fuss about anything. And when he does, it's kind of annoying, because I'm thinking, what could possibly be your deal? You are always so good! He just such a winning personality and big grin! Our Grey-Grey is always smiling:-)

He can eat puffs by himself now, from fingers to mouth. He always uses his left hand. What would be the odds of 2 left-handed children, when neither of us are? He is hitting his milestones nicely. With his traumatic birth there was some interest in that, but it appears his hearing and motor skills are fine, praise the Lord! He can sit and roll over, and likes to transition from sitting to tummy, but does not accomplish this smoothly...and we only have hardwood floors. This has resulted in a few little bruises on his cheekbones, and a few fat lips. He has not yet tried to crawl. He can scooch across the room on his bum, it's very cute! He has no teeth yet, and no sign of them. Kenna was 11 months before one poked through, and he's seeming to be like her in almost every way (minus the intense opinions:-). Kenna never crawled in any way, she went straight to pulling up at 7 months and walking at 10 months. She was at least 8 lbs lighter than he is though, so we don't know if he will be able to accomplish the same feat, with so much chubbiness to lug around! (He's over 20 lbs!). So Brooks is my only child who "followed the books", he got his teeth when he was supposed to, he rolled, then sat, then crawled etc. (Kenna could walk and still could not roll from back to front, and Grey could sit before he could roll - but he can do both ways now!) It's fun to have a few babies to be able to compare what they've done. (Brian never crawled either. Interesting...)

He looks like Brian, with Brian's moms eyes, and my baby fat...He looks most like Kenna (fatter version), only the eyes are a different shape. He has glimmers of my expressions, so I "see me", but he really doesn't look like me at all. He does not like growling/animal noises or loud sounds, he sticks his lower lip out and it actually quivers. So cute. Of course he has 4 of the biggest fans in the world around him all the time!

I think it's pretty safe to say - he is actually adorable. I don't just think that because I'm his mom...he really is!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, he's def. adorable. We did the same thing to Carter though, we called him all kinds of cute nicknames to the point where he had no idea what his name was. When he was well passed the age he should recognize his name we finally decided we'd better be more intentional about calling him Carter. Funny how that happens.

    ReplyDelete