Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sweet Apple Caramel Cupcakes

Today we hosted a group of people at our new Willow house for the first time! We had some of the people from our ABS (Adult Bible Study) over, as part of the "Grace Gatherings" the church has every month or so. It was really fun actually make a meal for a bunch of people, and entertain in a comfortable space (loving that screened in porch!) Anyway, since it's started getting chilly here, in the evenings, I wanted a recipe that would scream "fall"...my make it up as you go creation!!
I used a Duncan Hines Caramel cake mix, I made my regular buttercream (1/2 C butter, 4 C icing sugar, 1 t vanilla, 3-4T milk)...only I did about 1 1/2 t vanilla, for a little stronger flavor there. Then I sprinkled Pampered Chefs Sweet Apple Sprinkle over all, and topped it off with a "fall themed" Sixlet (small chocolate crunchy candy).
It was all stuff I has in my cupboards, but it did have a delicious, sweet, fall-time feel to it. Yummy success!

No comments:

Post a Comment