Monday, April 2, 2012

Nap Time Monster

Last week, while down for nap, Grey was crying and calling "Mommy", of course I go in to see whats up...and he's laying tummy down across the top of the play kitchen, which is barely as wide as his body. He was barely crying and not moving at all, paralyzed with fear...he wouldn't even turn his head, and when I rescued him he stayed stiff as a board. Clinging on for his little life. HE'S A CLIMBER. Oooh boy!
Not a very safe perch. Perhaps we should stay in bed and sleep instead. Novel idea.
He's also a scribbler! Kenna and Brooks never really did this (writing on walls and furniture), because when they were this age, I kept stuff like that up and out of reach. But now with school and their crafts etc, there seems to always be a stray marker or crayon to be found. Another nap time uh-oh. He got into Brooks' pencil case, and scribbled on his desk...
And ALL OVER his own body. And then he fell asleep. Imagine my surprise when I woke him up from his nap! He's a mischievous {and eerily silent} one!

2 comments:

  1. Vegetable oil gets crayon off walls really nicely. Followed by wiping with a vinegar paper towel. (to clear off the oil from the wall) Schuyler uses baking soda and water paste that works well too. :) In case you need an extra tip! All my kids were scribblers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, thanks Caroline, I didn't know that, I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete