Friday, April 6, 2012

Hair Bows

Kenna has quite a few cute outfits with no matching hair bow. I decided to try and solve that problem myself! Using Stampin' Up's Paper Daisies (I don't believe them to be actually paper...more like thin "silk flower" material?) Anyway, they come in plain white...

So I have dyed them with re-inkers and water, and stamped on them with versamark, and then heat embossed powder to them. These first two I just hot glued everything together. I might actually sew them together in the future, we'll see how this holds. Cute, right?! Since I owned everything already to make these in my craft supplies...free hair clips!!

I have plans this weekend to make some with the Big Shot out of actual fabric, which may require minimal sewing to stitch it all together...the fabric ones will be going on stretchie bands. And I'm dying more flowers for more of these clips! It takes 1 minute to dye, but quite awhile to dry them all out again, so it's a bit of a process. I'm planning on some really fun tie dyed ones too! Once I figure out all kinds of different methods for dying these pretties, I'll likely post on my Stampin' Up blog. It's so simple, everyone can do it! My next ones will not use re-inkers, but just a regular classic ink pad. We'll see!!

And now we're gonna be soooo matchy matchy with all our hair accessories! Love it! I'm sure I'll post more pics if I am successful in the end.

I just hot glued the flowers to plain clips we already had.

so pretty!

2 comments:

  1. wow! so nice! Could I order a couple for Via?

    Liana

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! I'll email you (jay) about what colours you want!

    ReplyDelete