Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday


This is a fairly graphic, but realistic depiction of our Fathers love for us. In His shed blood, we have new life in Christ. Hallelujah!

This has portions from the movie The Passion in it - although graphic, I did let Kenna and Brooks watch this music video, as they are beginning to understand the weight of sin and its penalty... and the Love it took to overcome sin, Satan, and death.

"Behold the Man upon the cross,  My sin upon His shoulders. Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers. It was my sin that held Him there, Until it was accomplished. His dying breath has brought me life. I know that it is finished"

Here is a song, Sweeping All the Debt Away, that my family has sung at church many times at easter. I don't have a recording of us singing it, but here is the original. Powerful lyrics.

"Bring before my face a picture, of a hillside bleak and dross. Let me see the gentle stranger, ere they raised that wooden cross...bowed His head and said "It's finished", sweeping all the debt away"

1 comment:

  1. Happy Good Friday, Darla. I know it's not the same in the U.S., but hopefully you have a wonderful weekend anyway. <3

    ReplyDelete