Saturday, December 1, 2012

Quotes Archive 2012

I've always loved quotes, and have quite a collection of them. I love to share one per month on my blog. 
"I have gathered a posie of other men's flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own" John Bartlett 

Give yourself entirely to those around you. Be generous with your blessings. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. Steve Maraboli

We need men who can dream of things that never were. John F. Kennedy

When I think of those who have influenced my life the most, I think not of the great, but of the good. John Knox

A good name, like good will, is got by many actions and lost by one. Lord Jeffery

Few of us will ever have the opportunity to perform great deeds of heroism, but to every one of us there is given the chance day by day to be sweet and gracious and winsome. Margaret Sangster

When I'm in Canada, I feel this is what the world should be like. Jane Fonda

I, Brian, take you Darla as my wedded wife. I pledge to you my undying love and constant faithfulness. All I have or ever hope to have, I give to you. I promise to care for you and encourage you in both good times and bad. I will remain faithfully yours until death separates us. And with this commitment, I pledge to you my love. Brian - Our Marriage Vows

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. Charles Swindoll

Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself can spare time for personal contention. Abraham Lincoln, in a letter to JM Cutts, October 26, 1863

Your emotions are often a reverse indicator of what you ought to be doing. John F Hindelong

Sense shines with a double luster when it is set in humility. An able and yet humble man is a jewel worth a kingdom. William Penn

Resolved, To ask myself, at the end of each day, week, month, and year, wherein I could possibly, in any respect, have done better. Jonathan Edwards, (click here for more)

No comments:

Post a Comment