Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Peepshi

I saw this adorable idea online a little while ago, and I mentally filed it away for the Easter season. It's like dessert sushi...made with Peeps. So Peepshi! It's the only kind of sushi I will personally eat (not a fan, but Brian likes it). Anyway, here's how you do it!

Make a batch of rice krispie treats, and lay out in a very thin "sheet" (not thick like you would for the squares). Then let it set (harden up) for a little while. Cut into little strips.

Buy Froot by the Foot, or Fruit Roll Ups. Cut into strips if they aren't already.

Start by murdering your peeps. Decapitation is really the quickest way. Ignore their cries and pleas. Just get it done.
It does not help with Kenna standing next to you, saying in her best birdie voice "no! no! I beg of you. I beg of you!". Yes, she really did. Talk about guilt!
Dead Peeps
Take some peep appendages, and wrap in the rice krispie treats. Then wrap the Fruit Roll Up around everything to secure it, and you're done! This is pretty sticky. Keep some butter handy to use on your hands!
I made lots of different kinds of Peepshi, I wish I knew what the real sushi names were, so I could come up with cuter alternatives.

I cut up only 3 peeps in each colour. This, and a regular recipe of krispie treats will give you about 4 plates worth of Peepshi (like the dinner plates I used). So it's a little time consuming, but really cute and fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Those look so delicious! I heart peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I think we are going to have to make them! You know, I've never had a peep in my life though :D

    ReplyDelete