Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Weekly Update

This week...or month really...has been busy! Starting the year off with a bang!

School - the kids are getting it done, and seem to be taking off in certain areas of past struggle. The whole "write 5 full sentences about _____" has always been hard for them, but recently they just seem to have the words to write. Funny how one can talk so much, and yet not have anything to write about. I guess I can relate. I used to think of myself as a terrible writer and with not much to say, but I guess I got over that too:-)

Work - Brian has been home in time for dinner this whole month so far. WHAT IS THAT?! Feels strange, but is really nice. He's had to work some on weekends, but he has a lot on his plate with employees, office stuff, and then jobsites (when things go wrong). For me, the month has given me quite a bit of "cookie work", which seems to be coming in at a slow and steady pace. I've only had to turn away work a few times, when the timing just doesn't work for me.

Health - I went on a sugar fast this month. It literally made me sick - headaches, etc, but I did it! I'm slowly re-introducing natural sugars, and am taking a few classes for strength and spinning and others at the Y. I am taking part in their 6 week program called Y Change, which is similar to Weight Watchers, only the trainers work out with you during the week (the classes), so it's not all about food. It is soooo hard. I am literally a walking muscle spasm, and my thighs are so sore I basically just fall backwards to sit down:-) The accountability is good for me though, and so for that, I'm enjoying it.

My birthday is soon!! This is a banner year, I suppose. It marks a halfway point! Once I am 36, I will have known Brian for HALF of my LIFE, as we met for the first time when we were 18. The thought of that pretty much blows my mind. First of all, how has it been 18 years since I was 18 years old? That's impossible! And how have those 18 years gone by so quickly? The next 18 better be markedly slower paced...please? :-)

The Patriots are going to the super bowl again. This makes Brian very happy. And thanks to a wonderful Christmas gift, he has a nice Pats hoodie to watch it in for good luck. Rounding up a few good wings recipes for our little Super Bowl party...

We have been having squirrels trying to get into Hugo house attic and chewing on the house, so we're started a little trapping and relocation enterprise. So far, 4 squirrels have been caught, and re-homed to a forrest, far, far away:-) We'll see if we can catch anymore!

If you'd like to see what my January has looked like, here are a few pictures! It's been a busy one for my cookie business!
















No comments:

Post a Comment