Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pinterest Party - Recipes

Saturday night I hosted a Pinterest Party. It was super fun! The rules? Bring something you made from Pinterest. Even if it flops! If you're on Pinterest, you know what I'm talking about - we pin lots of things that we will rarely, if ever, have occasion to make or try out. So this gives us the occasion. Diets excused for a night of indulgence. It was a really big hit. There were no flops, actually. Everything was pretty darn good! Here are the recipes we have now tested and vetted for you. Can't wait to do this again!

 ****
Lori brought Feta Dip from her "food" board. She served this with Stacy's Pita Chips, it was ah-maze-ing! It was incredibly easy to make (she made it in front of us!) and is a perfect appetizer or party food. 5 STARS

Sarah brought Potato and Cheese Pierogies from her "Recipe Ideas" board. They were really good, the only thing I would alter, is that they were not salty enough. She is an amazing cook, and no doubt followed the recipe to a T, so it would seem like the recipe is lacking in salt, especially the inside filling. If this were altered, I would give it a 4 or 5 STARS. I believe she said they were a little time consuming to make, so they wouldn't be regular fare, but perhaps for a special occasion, they'd be perfect!

Michelle brought The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie and Oreo Fudge Brownie Bar from her "Sinfully Delicious" board. Her label accurately stated, "Can your taste buds handle the awesome?". I'll tell you what, being one who has a serious sweet tooth - this was my personal favourite of the night. It was very rich, and oh so awesome. If you love chocolate - this is your golden ticket. Phenomenal! I give this one 5+++ STARS!

Shannon brought Ice Cream Pretzel Cake, couldn't find it on her boards, but it's on my "Recipes" board. It was sooooo great. A highlight! The salty of the pretzels was the perfect touch. Make this, and win friends. 5 STARS (Edit: Notes from Shannon: One lesson learned was that carmel ice cream topping would probably work a lot better than melted carmels. Also, you don't need quite as many pretzles as they say--I used 1 1/2 normal size bags total)


Lisa brought Apple Pie in an Apple, I couldn't find this on her boards, but it's on my "Recipes" board. They were really good! Light, cute as pie (pun intended:-), and fresh...a nice summery dessert that not too sweet. I think it's something kids would love! I give it 4 STARS.

Chasity brought, Farfalle with Turkey Sausage, again I couldn't find it on her own board, but pinned it to my "Recipes" board. I think she altered it a bit, as I don't recall there being any mushrooms in there (maybe she doesn't like them?). A very yummy and kid friendly dinner option. I would rate it as 4 STARS *if* it had mushrooms in it, for me, without the mushrooms it was a 3.

Chae brought Buttery Pretzels, from her "Food Fun" board. They were amazingly good, and she said, very quick and easy to make. 5 STARS for buttery, salty, goodness.

Tiffany brought a Caprese Salad, on my "Recipes" board. Who doesn't love this? And actually, I didn't get any before it was all gone! So I guess it's not fair to rate it, but it *looked* like a 5 STAR dish:-)

I sure do hope I'm not forgetting anyone!! Now for what I made...Rolo Snickerdoodles, on my "Recipes" board. Completely easy, and a delicious cookie. Will definitely make again, an easy crowd pleaser.

Mini Lemon Meringues, on my "Recipes" board. I made them a bit too large, smaller might have been better. If you love lemon, I'm sure it's a 4 or 5, for me personally, they were about 3 STARS. I do love meringue...but mixed with chocolate, better than lemon, haha. Lemon curd was very easy to make and is really really good.

Lastly, I made a Frozen Hot Chocolate, on my "Recipes" board. Really liked it! I will tweak it a bit next time, and it needs more than 3 C ice, in my opinion, to get the right consistency. 1 packet of hot chocolate powder is approx. 1/4C less 1 T. This could kind of be to taste though, 1/4C might be fine. I used white chocolate to melt, and brown (normal) hot chocolate powder, but I might like to try it with white hot chocolate powder instead for a different taste and look. 4 STARS.

1 comment:

  1. What a great party idea!! The ultimate cookie brownie oreo square looks amazing! Think I am for sure going to have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete