Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pray for Kate

Last night I found out some heartbreaking news. Every parents worst nightmare. An old friend of ours from IBLP in Chicago, Amanda, has this pretty little girl, Kate. She is just 4 years old. And she has cancer.
Here is the post Amanda put on facebook, sharing the news with all and asking for prayer...
"Kate has been diagnosed with Wilm's Tumor, a cancer of the kidney. Right now they believe she is at stage 3. It has spread to her lymph nodes, abdomen, and main artery that reaches her legs. Her prognosis is good... they said with chemo and surgery she has a 90% chance." Amanda said that Kate is in good spirits and is telling everyone that her name is "Brave Kate." She is asking her friends and family to pray for her, and for lots of hugs!

It especially hits home when it's someone you actually know, know what I mean? It's not a random person on a telethon, it's someone I know. If you have healthy kids, show them Kate's picture and ask them to pray for her! I told my kids, and I they are so faithful and dedicated with their prayers, I know we won't forget to pray for her everyday. I think I will print out her picture and put it on the fridge. It's a scary ordeal for this family to go through, and perhaps I will post updates every now and again, as I hear more news about her condition. Kate is only a little bit younger than Kenna. The family is, Rob, Amanda, Kate & Luke.

Yesterday early morning Brian's truck was broken into, and some of his tools stolen. I spend some of the day bumming about that, the pain-in-the-butt that insurance claims are and all that... And then to get this news puts everything in perspective. I have a healthy family. We are eating food from our full fridge in our warm home. We have more than we'll ever *need* in life, and God has been so good to us. Whatever problems I think I have that are "so great", pale in comparison to the heartache that others are going through around me.

Pray for Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment