Monday, May 10, 2021

Brian's 42nd Birthday

It was a birthday weekend, and a Mothers Day weekend! And a lets keep working on the house weekend.

Using our "school bins" to see what we'd like to have under the tv - the painted door to the new room is back from the shop! All ready to be hung!

We moved in one of the couches from the other livingroom - still hadn't bought or decided on furniture yet, other than what we already owned for it (2 grey leather rocker recliners). The tan futon is from Kenna's room (for the tv up there).

We found a large carpet at Home Emporium on sale for $120 - which is a great deal as far as area rugs go - wow they can be so pricey! We bought it probably in December-ish, and were just storing it until it was needed. It's perfect for the space. Yay. It's hard to buy thing on a whim (when you don't have paint samples or furniture colours with you), especially when they are final sale. But my "true colour" didn't fail me this time, lol. I was pretty sure it would be spot on, and it was. Whew.
For Brian's birthday I decided to get him a wood fire pizza oven. I had heard about them around Christmas, and with the new deck and the outdoor living area that would be available to us I thought it would be a good time. I started to research them - Going between the Ooni and the Gozney brands. I wanted it to be a complete surprise for him, because I knew he'd love it, and didn't know about them.

Well, thank to Google searches and the way everything is integrated these days, probs in April sometime (after I had already purchased one for him), he says, "It's so random, I keep getting these pizza oven advertisements all over my facebook" Insert guilty face from Darla. Hmmm. I wonder why?! Lol. Oops.

I had decided to purchase the Gozney Roccbox over the Ooni because of size/portability. And then also, the propane gas attachment for the Ooni was on backorder, and that sealed the deal for me. So I bought him the Roccbox, with the gas attachment and the woodfire attachment. 

The oven gets up to 950 degrees in about 20 mins on the gas attachment - and cooks a pizza in about 90 seconds. And its AMAZING. Truly. We are all over the moon impressed with this thing. Using the woodfire attachment takes longer to get to temp and it over all a little more "work" - it's cool but more of an "experience" and I knew that if we wanted to use it often and quickly (which we do), we needed the faster (perhaps less authentic) gas option. If you have time to slowly rise the temp and nurse it along a little (like a smoker, sort of), then the wood attachment is the one!
We ate pizza on the deck for Brian's birthday!
I found this on Facebook Marketplace for $90. It's the PERFECT size, and we are loving it for this space.
Note - remodels are MESSY. The main house was falling apart holding tools, lumber etc, during this remodel. We spent months stepping over boxes of flooring, piles of ceiling wood, and walking around barrel trusses. It's not glamourous, but - worth it in the end. Take note of the obvious messes in this little video. I love how she says super-prise instead of surprise.
 
Happy Birthday to Brian! We sure do love life with you, and are grateful to spend another year with YOU! 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment