Saturday, March 14, 2015

Boron, Moron

I adore jewelry that means something. I am not a super "jewelry person" with all the trending statement pieces and such. I do have a few of those things, but I don't think they suit me as well as my everyday stuff. 'Cause I LOVE my everyday stuff. I first heard of The Vintage Pearl on facebook, I think. I fell in love big time, and at the time couldn't afford to get any of it. I think I waited about a year before I got my first piece. Ooooo! I really just love it! That was a long time ago, and since then, I've got a few more pieces from The Vintage Pearl to add to my collection.
The first necklace I got/bought was the circle with the kids names on it, years ago. This past Christmas, Brent had my name in the exchange and got me the 'scrabble tile' necklace, which is the one this posts story is all about:-)

The b + d was the second necklace I bought from them, and opted for the blue pearl instead of a white one. And the Mothers Necklace is pretty addition to my collection - it works out well for the sake of fashion that my kids are March-May-March for their gemstones. Depending on when kids are born, you could have a pretty eclectic/unattractive Mothers Necklace, haha!

I have this gorgeous silver infinity ring

inscribed with: the best is yet to be
Recently, I was wearing my new Scrabble Tile necklace to church. We work with the Youth Ministry in our church during the sunday school hour.

Girl in Youth Group: Oh, I like your necklace. Boron, right?
Me: uh, Boron?
Girl: Yes, B five, it's Boron, isn't it?
Me: uuuuuh, actually, I wouldn't know. It's supposed to look like a scrabble tile. You know, B for Bolger, and there are 5 of us.
Girl, gives me an extremely unimpressed/you're dumb look: Oh ...and she walks away

So basically, she was MUCH more impressed with me when she thought I had a necklace for my favourite of the elements on the periodic table.

And yes, Boron is B5, I checked up on her.

It's been at least 18 years since the periodic table has even entered my mind. But thanks to her, I think about it all the time now. Well, maybe not the whole table, but my favourite element, anyway:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment