Monday, November 8, 2010

What's In A Name?

If you know me at all, you know I'm just like my mom...in at least 2 regards. I love baby names. And I hate cooking on a Sunday. I'm probably like her in many more ways (too many to count!), but we'll stick with those as the top two for now.

My mom loves (LOVES) names. And she had 11 children, so she got to name a lot of babies. I would need about 20 to get in all my faves (she likely would too!). She got to use up 28 names off her list. I got to use 8 off mine.

I really love keeping up with my blog, and hopefully you keep checking us out because you love like don't hate it too! I like to fill it with things that make me happy (if you haven't noticed!). And names make me happy. Since I will very likely not have many more children to name, I think I might designate a monthly post about names. The ones I pick, and the ones you do. Well, maybe not PRECISELY the ones you picked, since you might not want to know what I really think:-) And why should you? That is the number one rule of naming something (child, pet, car, boat). Go with what YOU love. Not your brother or your other child or your mother. Like my mom used to say "this is MY baby. You can name your baby whatever YOU want"

Anyway, I love to talk about names. Brian does not. He really just doesn't get it. At all. So if I want to talk about names...I will have to do it in a diary type fashion right here on my blog. It's kind of like talking to yourself, or talking when nobody is listening...

And so my musings continue. Maybe I'll even have my mom weigh in with a few "2cent" thoughts every now and again.

I should likely just start a "names" blog. Wouldn't that be fun?(for me). For now, indulge me, I'm keeping it here! Like I told a friend on facebook, Stay tuned. You'll pay for the whole seat, but only use the EDGE.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get that, I love baby names too. Ben thinks I'm crazy. Even when I'm not ready to have another baby, I'm ready to start thinking about baby names. =) Looking forward to those posts!

    ReplyDelete