Sunday, July 24, 2016

Cold Brew Coffee

Because it sounds hard but it's so easy! And I LOVE it, because I love iced coffee in the summer.
Take 4 Cups cold water, and a heaping 1 Cup of coffee grounds, and dump the coffee into the water (You can use more coffee if you want an even darker brew)
Put the pitcher in the fridge for about 24 hrs. The grounds will float at first, but will eventually settle. Or give it a little shake, and let it sit and brew in the fridge, easy!
After a day or so, pour the coffee out, through a coffee filter to catch all the grounds.
I use my pour over coffee thing to do that - I make pour over coffee instead of using Keurig. (So easy. Just place that over your mug, and pour hot water over grounds)
The filter will catch all the grounds, and then you're almost done! You will have a very dark brew, and you can dilute it a bit at this point to taste - you want it stronger than normal because of the dilution of ice and cream when you drink it.
I add about 3 C cold water personally, and that's the end!
Some ice, and a bit of this creamer, and you've got a delicious, and low-calorie iced coffee!!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment