Monday, July 13, 2009

Stolen!!

Bird feeders hung from Daddy's chin-up bar. They are pine cones covered in peanut butter and birdseed. We hung them in the morning, and Kenna would "check on them" periodically. She woke up from her nap and immediate peered out the door to see if there were any birds. She came running to us completely panic-stricken "Mom, Mom, the birds stole the feeders, come see!!!" Sure enough there was only yellow yarn hanging there, pine cones completely gone. I suspect squirrels to be the culprits, but I didn't tell her that, as I thought she'd be upset, since they were made for birds to come eat. I just said they likely got eaten up. "But what about the pine cones? They don't like to eat pine cones" She sounded incredulous! She's too smart. No playing games with this kid! Jillaine chimed in that they could have been carried off to feed babies in a nest. Then I mentioned a few scenarios involving birds, squirrels, chipmunks etc. I even quoted small portions of Monty Python "he could grip it by the husk" for cultural educations sake. lol.

Since the exercise bar is in the picture I might mention that Brian has been doing some intense workouts with his friend Tom (who works out very intensely!) In fact, Brian has now thrown up all over the yard twice now. I guess I don't work out hard enough, as this has never happened to me! The most recent occurance of this was on Sat night, and it's on video. Oh Joy! The girls get a kick out of watching it, and said I should post it, but I said that might be just a little too gross. Who really wants to see somebody throw up? They said they'd watch it, I said they might be the only ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment