Monday, May 18, 2009

Re-purposing

Well, we have a spice rack, and spice cupboard, like most people I suppose. Invetiably, there are more spices than the rack holds, or it doesn't hold enough in the rack, so there are two...and recently we have been putting the spice rack bottles in the cupboard, then we could never find anything between the two locations. The other day I had enough! I went through the spices and condensed them all...and did away with the spice rack! Two of the lids were cracked so I will have to keep an eye out for similar jars, to see if I can replace them. Until then, they are holding together.

I thought of something else I could use it for though...so all is not lost. Stamping, of course! I have buttons, eyelets, brads, extra cutting blades, etc. Keeps them in a handy place and easy to see instead of digging through multiple little packages.

I used a circle punch to dress up the lids a little, again, I think it turned out cute. I made something last night that you have to check out, it's so cute, and the kids are in love with it!

1 comment:

  1. I have had the same idea and have been looking for a spice rack and jars at the 2nd hand stores. No luck so far...maybe everyone is reusing their spice racks for crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete