Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cake Makin'

Brooks is our little sports fanatic, so here's to turning TWO!

Little tennis balls, and the big soccer ball. The hexagons proved much harder to do than I thought...it's a straight and basic shape, how hard could it be? Apparently, pretty hard. I definitely need some lessons! Or I should have somehow mapped out a grid underneath...but this is my free hand. He's only 2, he doesn't care!



A hockey puck, made more interesting by adding the birthday wishes!

The dome cake pan I have doesn't use a whole cake batter, and it's too small too just feed us that one little dome cake, so with 2 cake mixes, this is what we came up with! The hockey puck is really thin.

Before the icing...

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love it! How did he react to them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. He told everyone about "Socca baw" which of course no one knew had anything to do with his birthday, but yes, we had a soccer ball cake. He loved them!

    ReplyDelete