Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Triumphant Entry

Here is some real time footage of Brian's injury, just in case you really wish you were there. This is courtesy of Luke and Jeremy, who thought it would be a good idea to have it documented. Josh is a nurse, and Tom has medic training from the military, so Brian was well taken care of in the field, and at the cottage. The IV bag mentioned is not to start an IV, but they used the sterile saline to wash the cut and 'unstick' the gauze. I let them all have their space and didn't get an up close and personal view until they were cleaning it with the saline. There were a lot of people around and I didn't need to add to the crowd...the teens were definitely more curious than I was...since I already had an update from the field, I knew he wasn't gravely injured, (they told me he would need a few stitches) so I really wasn't worried until I saw the big hole in his head. Then I was thinking, are we sure a few stitches will fix that?

Note: It is not gross, you cannot see the open wound, just some blood on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment