Monday, January 12, 2009

Apple Cream Schnitz Pie - Recipe

This is a recipe from my mom, and it's one of my favourites. On Christmas, since it was just us, I made a tiny version of a Christmas dinner. I made a 4 lb whole chicken, instead of a turkey, and we only had potatoes, green bean casserole and cranberry sauce as sides. Brian had asked for an apple pie for dessert, so this is the one I made. It's awesome when served right out of the oven!

1 pastry shell
7 apples
3 T flour
1 pinch salt
1 C sour cream
3/4 t cinnamon
1 C sugar

Peel and core apples. Slice and arrange in pastry shell. Combine 3/4C sugar, salt, flour and cream. Pour over the apples. Mix remaining 1/4C sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle on top.

Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until the filling starts to bubble. Preheat conventional oven to 450. Transfer pie to oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm!

Here's a picture of our Christmas dessert!

1 comment:

  1. ooo, that looks delicious! I do love new recipes, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete